Pages

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Lillian Noel


So here's a little about our sweet baby girl...

Lily is now 4 months and three weeks old. She weighs 18 1/2 lbs, and is almost 27 inches long. She is a BIG baby (I love those cheeks!). She's a good sleeper, she is usually asleep in bed from about 9/9:30 at night, until about 9 in the morning. She is taking good 2 hour naps in the afternoon. We call her many things... Lily, Lily Noel, Lillian....Silly Lily, Lily-doo, and Lily Pie :) I think I mostly call her Lillian. Her favorite toys are her lobster rattle, a taggie blanket and Miss LambChop (Miss LC has a southern accent). She also loves the songs on her Busy Days CD, especially the guitar rendition of Ave Maria, and anything with a glockenspiel ...it's funny how babies have favorites like that. She has also discovered sleeping on her side...no more back sleeping for her! Lily LOVES when Mommy sings to her. Mommy sings Oh How I Love Jesus, Oh How He Loves You and Me, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Jesus Loves Me, Jesus Loves the Little Children as well as many other made up songs by mommy.... and Lily's favorite is This is My Father's World...I think she loves that song because it has the word 'Lily' in it. ;) Lillian likes hearing anything played on a pentatonic scale on her glockenspiel (yes, Mommy and Daddy are BIG nerds) She also talks ALL the time! Oh my, how she loves her voice! Lily also enjoys seeing herself and others in the mirror...almost more than seeing them in real life. Let's see....Mommy and Daddy are Lily's security blanket right now....and I guess I don't really mind :) This afternoon we got Lily to give a BIG laugh - it was great! I included a video (from about a month ago) in this post of her laughing...with a surprise ending!

Oh, one more thing! Lily got in the pool for the first time the other day while we were in KC. She really couldn't decide whether or not she liked it...smile, cry, cry, smile...
She had a really cute swimsuit, but it didn't fit. So she wore a robe with her towel and some slippers that all matched. I think she looks like a baby girl Rocky!





Hmmm...I think that's about it...I know there's more, and I will post as I recall everything. I told a woman at church the other day that pregnancy still hasn't given me my brain back. She told me I wouldn't get it back, that I would just learn to compensate ;)


No comments: