Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Note from a weary mother...

Here's another old post from August 2010. Feel encouraged - you CAN preach the Gospel to even your littlest ones!

Proverbs 19:18...

"Discipline your son, for there is hope; Do not set your heart on putting him to death."

I read this verse in my quiet time this morning...and was really thanking God for having a sense of humor. Oh my, I have to say, the moment I read this couldn't have been more perfect....I really had a good laugh, and I think God knew I needed a laugh.

You see, things with Lily have not been all that easy lately. Wow, that's an understatment, huh! What is ever 'all that easy' with a toddler. I can see some progress lately...but it seems like a lot of days, I want to break down in tears at some point!

Thank you, Lord, for tears in laughter today!

Now, Now, I have no desire to bring harm to my daughter, good grief! I think you mommies out there surely know where I'm coming from here. :)

So, after looking at this verse several times, and smiling...Here's the real scoop:

"Discipline your son, for there is hope; Do not set your heart on..." him being spiritually dead.

I have been thanking God lately that His word does not return void. I am trying every day to use scripture when I am disciplining Lily...but I just feel like I'm not very good at it. Thank God He is the strongest when I feel the weakest!

A very good friend of mine reminded me of this promise last week: Galatians 6:9 "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."

For all you mommies out there that feel like you are barely hanging on by the end of the day - take heart! Keep working God's word into the soil of your child's heart each day, and don't give up! You and I both want our babies to come to the saving knowledge of our amazing Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. YOU are the one planting those seeds right now.

If you ever need encouragement, please talk with me! I would love to pray for you - and I would love for you to pray for me too!

In the mean time, check this post out over at the girltalk blog :)
http://www.girltalkhome.com/blog/strength-for-a-weary-mom

2 comments:

Justin L. Guffey said...

it is as good of a post now as it was then :) good word!!

Kara said...

it was as good of a post now as it was then! (yes I was logged in as justin!)